Friday, December 11, 2009

Zhu Zhu Mania

This is something I've only admitted to my husband - and only because I figured he'd find out eventually. I got Zhu Zhu Mania!!

In case you don't know what a Zhu Zhu is, let me explain. A Zhu Zhu pet is a little robotic hamster that is apparently the must have toy this year. You can't find them in stores. They are sold out everywhere. You can buy them online for crazy amounts of overage. But it's what every little girl wants for Christmas, including mine.

So, I went to ebay. Now, some are really crazy. These things retail for about $10. I've seen them on ebay go for as high as $50. Quite the markup. I told myself, I wouldn't pay more than double, including shipping. But it is so hard to not get caught up in the frenzy and frustration. So many times it comes to the last second and you think - is this it? Did I get it? Then, no - hopes dashed :(

But, finally, I did get one. I paid a little extra, $21 total, but on Christmas morning my daughter will have under the tree the one thing I told her that even Santa couldn't make enough of. I do realize that come Dec. 26, most of these little rodents will have either been forgotten about or will suddenly be so plentiful on the shelves that the stores will have to slash prices. But for this one moment, Santa still exists for many little girls and boys around the world. And that's why we do it.

2 comments:

  1. Nobody wants to pay inflated prices for Zhu Zhu Pets. To get them at a cheap price, I'm using a cool trick a friend told me about that alerts me as soon as the Zhu Zhu toy I'm looking for comes back in stock at Amazon at the $9.99 list price. It's a free service and you can use it for any product. It runs in the background on your computer, monitoring stock at Amazon and sounds an alarm the moment your item comes back in stock so you can be the first to buy it quickly before it sells out again. I love it! It's at AZNotify.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you really wan a zhu zhu pet, join the contest at www.amzpricesniper.com.

    ReplyDelete